State of California, Covid-19, Employee Resources:
Bartender Emergency Assistance Program
Domestic Violence Resources:
- Riverside County health officials are recommending residents cover their nose and mouth when leaving home for essential travel to doctor appointments, grocery shopping or pharmacy visits.
- The face coverings do not have to be hospital grade but need to cover the nose and mouth. For example, bandanas, fabric masks and neck gaiters are acceptable. Fabric covers and bandanas can be washed and used again.
- Face covering should be worn anytime a person is outside of their home, even in offices of essential businesses.
- Medicare Scam
- Scammers are going door-to-door or making phone calls asking for your Medicare number in exchange for a coronavirus / COVID-19 test.
- If you come across such a scam, report it to 855-613-7080.
- COVID-19 Tests, Vaccines and Treatments
- There are no FDA-approved vaccines, home tests or treatments for COVID-19.
- You can report suspected fraud to the FDA’s Health Fraud Program or the Office of Criminal Investigations.
- Stimulus Checks
- If you receive calls, emails, or other communications claiming to be from the Treasury Department and offering coronavirus-related grants or stimulus payments in exchange for personal financial information or advanced fees, do not respond.
- Report these scams to the FBI at https://www.ic3.gov/
- Reports from Consumers
- The Federal Trade Commission has received numerous coronavirus-related fraud complaints, including travel and vacation related reports about cancellations and refunds, reports about problems with online shopping, mobile texting scams, and government and business imposter scams.
- To report consumer problems related to coronavirus (COVID-19), visit https://www.
- Food Banks / Food Resources (Please note that food resources are subject to availability)
- Local public schools will be providing free breakfast and lunch services to children under 18. Please call your local public school / school district for details.
- Visit Community First Church of God (31371 Highway 74, Homeland) every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and Thursdays at 11:30 a.m. for food and clothing distribution. There are no income or age restrictions. In addition, Feeding America distributes food on the property on the second Monday of every month.
- Valley Community Pantry (191 Columbia St, Hemet, behind Trinity Lutheran Church) provides food from 9:30 a.m. to noon from Monday to Thursday. To learn more about receiving assistance, visit www.vcpcares.org. Open to residents of Hemet, San Jacinto and Valle Vista.
- Visit the food pantry at Salvation Army Hemet Corp (340 S. Palm Ave., Hemet) on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at noon for food assistance. Seniors and individuals with disabilities can also call for assistance in getting supplies such as toilet paper. Please call James Fleming (714-499-3943) for more information.
- Visit the Community Food Pantry of Murrieta (39493 Los Alamos Rd., Suite A, Murrieta) for food distribution on Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. To learn more about receiving assistance, visit communityoutreachofmurri
eta.com/food-pantry. Open to residents of Murrieta, French Valley and Winchester.
- Visit Community Mission of Hope (41760 Rider Way, Temecula) for food distribution from Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Please bring your picture I.D. For more information, visit www.cmoh.net. Open to residents of Temecula.
- Visit the Idyllwild Help Center (26330 CA-243, Idyllwild-Pine Cove) for food assistance from 10 a.m. to noon and from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. by appointment only from Tuesday to Thursday. Open to residents of Idyllwild, Mountain Center and Pine Cove.
- Visit Idyllwild Town Hall (25925 Cedar St., Idyllwild) to receive food assistance on the first Tuesday of every month from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. Open to residents of the mountain communities.
- Visit Anza Community Hall (56630 CA-371, Anza) for food distribution every Thursday from 10 a.m. to noon while supplies last. Open to residents of Anza and Aguanga.
- Visit Anza Electric Cooperative (58470 CA-371, Anza) for food distribution on the second Saturday of every month from 10 a.m. to noon.
- The Family Service Association (951-342-3057) will distribute a weekly meal package on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at the San Jacinto Senior Center (625 S. Pico Ave, San Jacinto). Meal packages will be distributed between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Must be 60 or older to receive a meal; limited to one package per customer, per week.
- The Community Action Partnership of Riverside County can provides one-time utility payment assistance for low- and moderate-income individuals and families: https://www.
Free or reduced cost Internet
At least 124,000 U.S. schools have closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In an effort to reduce the spread of the novel coronavirus, schools are pivoting to online education.
Unfortunately, about 3 million students do not have access to the internet at home due to high costs and gaps in availability. That leaves a large number of students without ways to further their education. School districts and some of the best internet providers are coming together to help connect students to their virtual classrooms. Click the link to see what is being offered.
- Dollar General locations will designate their first opening hour for senior shoppers.
- Target locations will designate their first opening hour of each Wednesday for senior shoppers and those with underlying health concerns. For the hours of your local Target, visit Target.com.
- Northgate Market locations will open from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. for seniors, pregnant women and shoppers with disabilities.
- Cardenas Markets locations in Southern California will open on Wednesdays from 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. for seniors over the age of 65, their caregivers, individuals with disabilities and first responders.
- Ralphs locations will open from 7 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. for seniors.
- Vons and Albertsons locations will open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. for senior customers.
- Stater Bros. locations will open at 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. for customers who are 65 and over.
- Baron’s Market locations will open between 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. for customers who are 65 and over.
- Walmart locations will host an hour-long senior shopping event every Tuesday for seniors who are 60 and over. This will start one hour before the store opens.
- Costco locations will open from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays for individuals who are 60 and over and those with physical disabilities.
- Riverside University Health System — which provides care to the community’s most vulnerable populations while training thousands of healthcare workers — is seeking medical donations and volunteers. They also welcome notes of encouragement, care packages and meal donations for their doctors, nurses and other staff members. If you would like to volunteer or make a donation, please email email@example.com. For a full list of needs, visit the Donate and Volunteer portals on the right side of the webpage at www.rivcoph.org/coronavirus
- Temecula Valley Hospital is seeking medical supplies, such as gloves, masks, thermometers, cleaning supplies, takeout containers, napkins and utensils. For a full list of needs, visit temeculaca.gov/
CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=855. To donate, call 951-331-2536.
- Loma Linda University Medical Center – Murrieta is accepting donations at lluh.org/giving. Select “Give Now,” then select your gift frequency (monthly vs. a one-time donation). Select “COVID-19 Clinical Care Fund” in the drop-down menu, fill in the credit card information and click “Give Now” to complete your gift.
Meals for Students
- RUSD – offering free pick up on breakfast and lunch at all elementary, middle and high school sites and a few community sites M-F from 10 am to 12 pm beginning tomorrow. Any City of Riverside student, with public or private student, who is under the age of 18 will be served. Info here: http://riversideunified.org/departments/pupil_services/health_services/coronavirus_info/meal_service_schedule_during_school_closure
- ALVORD – offer free breakfast and lunch for all students at school M-F from 11-12 pm. Link to school sites is for pick up here: https://www.alvordschools.org/cms/lib/CA01900929/Centricity/Domain/4/meals%203.16.pdf.
- The CA Meals for Kids mobile application helps you find nearby California Afterschool and Summer Meal Programs Sites through your iOS, Android, or Microsoft devices. https://www.cde.ca.gov/re/mo/cameals.asp